Throughout the last few years we have seen an increase on homeowner’s asking more and more about custom luxury laundry rooms. Laundry rooms may be hardworking, but that doesn’t mean they have to be void of style. These eye-catching rooms prove that the home’s most common multifunctional space can be both beautiful and efficient.
Tips to create your own custom luxury laundry room:
- If a laundry loom is too small, you’ll have to make it look larger. It’s the same with all your other areas. So how about stacking the dryer on top of the washer (you’ll have to make sure your wash has front-loading for that to work) and save some space for a narrow cabinet to store your stuff?
- Consider using the space behind the door. It gives you more space to move around and it allows to hang your clothes, rubber gloves, or to hide your detergent maybe;
- Keep things clean. That’s easy to understand. A cluttered room makes it difficult to do laundry work — it becomes a time-consuming and frustrating job, which believe me, you don’t want to happen;
- Colors: our advice is to use light colors for the walls as well as your other laundry room furniture that you may have;
- For better space utilization you may also want to consider pulling out hamper or a narrow sliding cart between the washer and dryer, install a countertop above the washer and dryer to create a smooth surface (if there’s no space for a separate table for folding clothes, that is);
- Backsplash and floor tiles do a great job in creating a cool environment for your laundry room. Same goes for some of those throw rugs that you could place on the floor;
- One last thing to consider is if you have enough light in your laundry room. It’s preferably that you have at least one window for natural lighting. If that’s not enough you should consider installing under cabinet lighting.
Laundry rooms and mud rooms, while not the gathering place of a home, are frequently visited and in high demand when it comes to keeping the rest of the home clean and its residents looking put together.
In an effort to create a work space that is more welcoming and calming as we set about our required tasks of washing clothes, ironing and delicately washing other items that need special attention, here are a few ways that won’t break the bank, but will leave a luxurious touch which will improve our spirits as we go about necessary tasks.